Marine Management Organisation
Location - Scarborough, The role will require you working from the office with ability to work from home if required.
Hours of work will be:
08:30am-16:30pm - Monday - Thursday
08:30am-16:00pm - Friday
The salary for this role will be £10.94 per hour
We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to work within a government organisation. The role will be starting as soon as possible, so if you feel that this role is suitable for you, now is the time to apply!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office and supporting the teams and working environment.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all data is accurately collated and entered onto the Fisheries Administration Database. You will be processing catch and landing documentation from both paper and electronic sources and inputting this information onto the database. Training will be provided but a degree of competency with computer applications and accurate data entry is important. You may be asked to assist other teams when your workload permits, providing across team support and collaboration.
Processing fishing vessel licence applications and ensuring these are completed accurately and within agreed timescales using the vessel licensing database.
You will be looking after some of the day-to-day administrative support; ensuring incoming/outgoing mail is processed; including shared mailboxes. Ensuring telephone queries, letters and e-mails are handled courteously. You will ensure secure storage of all paper-based and electronic files, systems, records, materials, equipment and stationery. Archiving files annually and secure disposal of files outside of retention schedules.
You may be required to purchase equipment using our online systems for staff on an ad-hoc basis.
You will be trained and act as a marine licensing administrator within your team. Ensuring deadlines are met and submissions are uploaded onto the system in a timely manner. You will maintain the marine licensing Excel file to ensure all data is current.
About the ideal candidate:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to input large volumes of data accurately while identifying and correcting any errors from the original submission forms.
- Good computing skills with the ability to produce and maintain documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting needs of internal customers.
- Organisational skills - able to manage own work criteria
- Ability and experience to provide effective administrative support service to the client
- Good team working skills are essential as you will play an important part within your team. You will need to work closely with the other members of the team, as well as with teams at other offices, in order to resolve queries about data and catches, and you will need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work.
- Some understanding of your local fishing area and the marine environment would be a positive attribute for the client.