We have an exciting temporary opportunity to work at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency in central Southampton, AO - CLC Certification Officer. This is a customer facing role within the Seafarer Training and Certification Branch.
We aim to deliver a high level of customer service by ensuring that certificates issued to seafarers and in respect of vessels comply with the relevant legislative requirements and are issued accurately within the time frame of our service level agreements.
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Context: Civil Liability Certification is a service provided by the UK Ship Register to both UK-flagged and non-UK flagged customers. The provision of CLC's reaches a peak between late December and end February each year. Certification under CLC's covers: Bunkers Oil Pollution, Tankers, Wreck Removal and Passenger Liability. The majority of customers have insurance which expires on (or around) 20th February and up to [50%] of the annual applications are processed during this time.
Role purpose: To provide a front-line, high quality and professional service for CLC customers. Working as part of a team to deal with customer enquiries, maintain accurate records whilst processing applications at pace up to and throughout the peak period.
Provide an effective service to ensure certification meets turnaround times and ensure the UK Ships Register & MCA is always portrayed as a high-quality service
Process applications and correspondence within MCA Service Standards in order to achieve a `team' turnaround target of 48 hrs
- Maintain a high level of productivity and quality monitored by team leaders daily
- Deal with all Customer enquiries as they arise responding via email or telephone
- Process customer applications within SLA's
- Accurately update the bunkers database and CERs certification system for each application ensuring GDPR compliance at all times
- Production of all types of CLC certification for applications ensuring that they meet the regulatory requirements
- Answering customer queries via email and telephone and providing accurate information in a polite, customer-friendly and professional manner
- Ensure a Telephone Abandoned Rate of less than 3%
- Maintain a high level of quality and accuracy monitored through daily quality checks.
- Monitor the CLC inboxes as per a rota responding to queries with correct information in a timely manner
- Ensure that all incoming applications are logged and imported into the system.
- Accurately assess and process applications in line with the process and Registration Regulations
- Quality check and highlight any discrepancies
- Request that any missing vessels are added to CERS (the certificate production system)
- Actively provide support to other members of the team by working as part of the CLC Certification team to meet the needs of the business
Essential Minimum Criteria:
- Ability to work at pace in a pressurised environment maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Excellent ICT skills, experienced in the use of Microsoft office packages and various supporting databases
- Ability to accurately input data and identify errors when proof-reading
- Ability to follow directions, communicate well and work as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Experience in providing first-class Customer Service in a fast-paced, customer-led environment
- The ability to communicate (both in writing and over the telephone) in a concise and articulate manner that captures all the relevant information.
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and guidance notes
- Good time and resource management skills
Special features of the role:
- Peak activity experienced in February. The role will require the jobholder to work a shift rota.
- Monday - Friday: 7.30am - 3.30pm or 10.00am - 6.00pm until 9th January 2021
- Saturday - Sunday: 9.00am - 4.00pm from 9th January 2021. 2 rest days will be provided in the week to compensate for weekend working.
- Weekend working will continue through the peak
Pay rate: £8.87/hour, it will go up to £11.19 after 12 worked weeks / Monday to Friday-37.50 hours/week
Location: Spring Place, Southampton, SO15 1EG