Brook Street are proud to advertise a temporary position for a Customer Service Consultant
Customer Service Consultant - UK Central Government Department (AO Grade)
Contract: Temporary (minimum three months, expected longer)
Shift: Monday to Friday.
- 9.00-17.00 Shift Pattern
- 10.15-18.15 Shift Pattern
Hours: 37 hours - full-time
- 23 days holiday + 8 public holiday (pro-rata)
- IT equipment provided by the client (to be returned at the end of assignment)
- Start date expected 11TH of May
- Expected two-week training support
- Right-to-work in the UK
- Clear DBS minimum
- 3 Year referenceable Work History
- Good IT skills - you will be trained on several software packages, so you need to be confident using IT and working on a laptop computer
- A suitable working environment - you will be provided with the IT equipment needed for the role, but you will be working at home and will not be supplied with any furniture, etc., so you need to have a comfortable, quiet area in your home to work in and to speak to customers.
Job Description - Customer Service Consultant:
As a Customer Services consultant at HMRC you will be the first point of contact for our customers, providing a first-rate service by phone, letter, email and webchat.
You will seek to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact where possible and use your brilliant communication skills to handle sometimes complex but rewarding conversations.
You will join a friendly and welcoming department. No experience is needed as you will receive training and plenty of support to help you do the job.
- great communication skills - both written and verbal
- dedication to providing a brilliant service for our customers
- ability to handle both enjoyable and fast-paced conversations
- ability to provide information, quickly and clearly
- a can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people
Register your interest:
The role will be working from home in line with government guidelines, but you may need to be willing to undertake infrequent travel to an office for induction and potentially training. If during the course of the assignment, the government guidelines permit, then it may be required for the you to be prepared to attend an office on a more regular basis.
You will be required to attend the office on your first day for induction/collection of IT kit: You will be within one hour's commute to the following HMRC office locations:
Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Newcastle, Washington, Belfast
If interested, please apply now!
*The offered candidate is subject to a vetting and DBS check.