Brook Street are proud to advertise a temporary position for a Customer Service Consultant - UK Central Government Department (AO Grade)
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making a difference. As Customer Service Advisor, you will be supporting customers with their telephone queries and day to day processing activities. You will play an important role in ensuring customers receive quality guidance and support.
You will be fully supported with an induction into HMRC and in-house training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role and you will have a supportive and friendly management structure to support you on a day-to-day basis.
This role will be primarily based working from home, however, all applicants must be situated within a reasonable commutable travel distance from one of the following HMRC site locations: Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Preston, Newcastle or Washington.
You will be required to collect your IT kit from your closest office on day 1 and return your kit to the office upon completion of your temporary assignment. There may also be the requirement to attend the office from time to time so applicants must be comfortable to travel to one of these locations if required.
An excellent package is offered, including:
- Temporary role until end of March 2023, with chance of being extended
- £11.71 per hour pay rate (equivalent to £22,524 Full Time Equivalent salary)
- Start dates available towards the end of August and throughout September and October
- Accrual of up 34 days paid annual leave pro rata available (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Predominantly home-working assignment and all IT equipment supplied to carry out your role.
Working 37 hours per week, shifts will be Monday to Friday either 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm or 10.15am to 6.15pm. You will be allocated to work on one of these shift patterns and flexibility is required to cover any one of these shift patterns, although we will try and accommodate a specific shift request under special circumstances wherever possible.
- To provide a first-rate quality service through inbound telephony calls from customers.
- To process post via HMRCs Digital Mail Service or work with customers on Web Chat.
- Following guidance, updating HMRC systems and handling customer data sensitively will be key aspects of your role to support the delivery of world-class customer service.
- You will help and support customers with their questions - giving them more information, pointing them to the right guidance or escalating their enquiry so they are able to get the answers they need to support themselves, their clients and their businesses.
- You will seek to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact where possible and use your brilliant communication skills to handle sometimes complex but rewarding conversations.
What skills will I need?
- The ability to communicate well with customers on the telephone and via other communication channels such as email and Web Chat.
- You will be trained on several software packages, but being a confident IT user is essential for the role, particularly the use of MS Office packages.
- A quiet workspace within your home and good broadband connection and connectivity will be required to speak to customers.
- The ability to handle a variety of different conversations and handle some challenging calls.
- The ability to manage different tasks and work at a fast-pace.
- A can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people.
Register your interest:
The role will be working from home in line with government guidelines, but you may need to be willing to undertake infrequent travel to an office for induction and potentially training. If during the course of the assignment, the government guidelines permit, then it may be required for the you to be prepared to attend an office on a more regular basis.
If interested, please apply now!
*The offered candidate is subject to a vetting and DBS check.