Brook Street are recruiting for an administrator to provide part time support for our client on a temporary basis
Our client is part of the higher education sector and offer a great working environment and a competitive pay rate
The role is to work 14.5 hours per week working Thursdays and Fridays, some flexibility may be required to cover alternate days if needed.
As a timetabling assistant you will be responsible for provided support to the Academic Registry Timetabling Team
Duties may include but not be limited to
* To work as part of the timetabling team within the Academic Registry and fulfil duties associated with this role.
* To provide a specific contact point for room booking requests, monitoring the relevant request inboxes, dealing with email, telephone and face-to-face enquiries ensuring a prompt and professional service to all requests, liaising with IS where technical assistance is required.
* To inform and work alongside the Timetabling Officers as required
* To assist the Timetabling Manager, providing administrative support where necessary.
* To undertake data entry, validation and retrieval activities when required.
* Booking of rooms as required
Ideal candidates will have previous admin experience and ideally a knowledge of higher education within the UK. You will be flexible and have a positive attitude and be a team player
Our client requires the followings
* Good working knowledge of PC office systems
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Strong proof-reading skills
* Good practical experience of a variety of PC-based business software packages including the use of MS Office and excellent excel skills
* The ability to be proactive, using own initiative to support senior colleagues
* Experience of operating to strict deadlines
* Experience of providing diary management and administrative support to managers Experience in dealing with data to provide management information
The pay rate is £9.95 per hour and benefits include holiday pay and pension scheme
Please apply online with your CV in word format or contact Mel 0115 879 3500