Up to £11.49 per hour
18 days ago
Brook Street UK LTD are delighted to work on behalf of a Public Sector Organisation that specialises on our Education Sector in Northern Ireland
As Senior Clerical Officer, you will provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the Admissions Department as directed by the Programme Manager.
You will provide efficient administrative support for the daily functional and operational staff.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook, and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct typing and word-processing duties.
The Successful Applicant Must:
- Hold Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- Hold at least 1 year`s suitable Clerical and/or Administrative experience with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Duties will include but will not be restricted to:
- Provide administrative support in relation to all aspects of the work of the programme using the full range of IT equipment including word processing/typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, fax, intranet and internet facilities.
- Support in undertaking comprehensive research and investigations as required.
- Assist in the collation of factual data and statistical information from various sources to support the work of identified officers within the service.
- Prepare letters, minutes, notes, and other clerical support to officers as appropriate and as directed by the programme manager.
- Use initiative, tact and diplomacy in responding to queries, issues and problems which arise within the section in the absence of the programme manager.
- Order and monitor supplies of stationery and office requisitions for all staff within the section along with diary management of stakeholders.
- Be responsible for maintaining efficient recording and filing systems within the service as directed by the programme manager.
- Delegate tasks to the office team in the absence of senior management.
- Professional and effective telephone techniques along with good oral and written communication skills.
- Work as part of a busy team with excellent communication and organisational skills.
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI`s values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
The rate of pay for this role is £11.49 per hour with the possibility of an increase, REQUIRED 5 DAYS PER WEEK 0900-1700, 36 Hours per week
If you would like to apply for this role or like more information on this role or other roles, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 02890881100 or click `Apply` today.