I am recruiting for an Advanced Quality Engineer on a fixed term 5-month contract working for a global automotive supplier.
As a global manufacturing business, they specialise in high pressure die-casting that designs and builds medium to large aluminium die-cast automotive components.
The Advanced Quality Engineer is responsible for working with the suppliers, customers to lead and facilitate quality improvements and resolving issues that lead to the achievement of successful PPAP.
- Take the lead for PPAP and launch of all programs, engineering changes.
- Own and drive process capability - CP/CPK on all developing programs (SPC, CM and in process gauge development Design, Quote, Procurement, Validation).
- Track development to meet program milestones.
- Review component drawings and understand the application requirements for each component with dimensional studies on finished goods with road maps as required.
- Effective launch transition to production.
- PDP and Business Protocol Adherence, PDP documents to be completed as per program milestones and evidence provided for files.
- Ensure best practice is followed throughout the Design process.
- Timely closure of Engineering Changes Action Items.
- Ensure customer representation / resources are in place for launch readiness.
- Perform equipment supplier visitations/audits as deemed necessary.
- Analyse, troubleshoot and follow up on internal and customer quality issues.
- Meet all commitments - confront and elevate issues in a timely manner.
- Provide technical and administrative support at needed.
- Implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Warranty Analysis
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant and adhere to all Health and Safety Environmental requirements
- Results oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to work in a faced paced team environment
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated, able to initiate and follow tasks through to completion.
- Analytical with a data driven thought process
- Motivate and assertive personality, willing to learn, seek opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgement.
- Flexible and able to provide support to a continuous operations environment.
- Able and willing to travel and work extended hours based on customer demand and production schedule.
- Able to adapt well to change in assignments and priorities and able to adapt work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
- Able to communicate professionally to customers and senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- or equivalent level of experience is desirable
- Understanding of APQP Gate Review development process
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: die
- casting, metal forming, automated assembly, mechanisms, tooling fixtures and gauges.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar production systems
- Strong understanding of Core Quality Tools (APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA and PPAP), Control
- plans/Process Flows, Root Cause Analysis/Practical Problem solving
- Proficient in and learning the Business Operating Systems (TS16949, IMDS, QSI)
- Process knowledge (die castings, moulding, assembly)
- ISO/IATF knowledge is desirable
- Experienced in the automotive industry
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Negotiable package depending on experience
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Attractive pension, death in service and critical illness schemes
- Employee assistance programme and benefit scheme
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Lauren on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***