Provide specialist secretarial/administration support and advice to the teams and/or Sector by:
- Taking telephone calls for the department and using initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
- Sorting and prioritising all incoming mail and e-mail, distributing as appropriate
- Managing the electronic diary for the department, including arranging and changing appointments, prioritising these as appropriate
- Undertaking administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing and mail-out distributions.
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Organising and planning events as necessary supporting information material.
- Supporting teams in project management and participating in department events.
- Inputting, monitoring and checking data, required for finite and ongoing projects within the teams
- Working with all team members in the collection of information for performance reporting on relevant team projects
- Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously