Independent Investigation into East and Kent Maternity Services (IIEKMS):
Administrative Support Officer:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but busy team working on a high-profile independent investigation established by the Secretary of State.
Temporary role: Long- term.
Hours: Part-time (16 hours)
Flexibility: Flexible working hours
Pay: £11.20 p/h
Start Date: ASAP
About Independent Investigation into East and Kent Maternity Services:
NHS England and AMP have undertaken independent investigation into maternity and neonatal services at East Kent University NHS Foundation Trust, following the concerns of raising deaths. Due to this, an administrative team has been built to provide support for the investigation, working in the secretariat.
The IIEKMS is recruiting one part-time Administrative Support Officer, to work alongside, and be line managed by, a full time Documents Manager.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain effective electronic and paper filing systems, to ensure information is kept securely and is accessible to other team members
- Maintain and use databases, inputting information from evidence received, and interrogating the database to analyse this information
- Contribute to effective information management within the team
- Assist with the management of effective business processes to facilitate the smooth running of the office
- Flexible approach to work in line with the needs of the investigation
Analysis & Judgment
- Act as a contact point for the investigation, dealing with and responding effectively to queries from families and other stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate Secretariat and Panel members sensitively and autonomously.
- Handle and process significant quantities of confidential and sensitive information on behalf of the Investigation, always ensuring the appropriate degree of confidentiality and discretion is adopted.
- Use initiative to a significant level and demonstrate attention to detail in all aspects of work, managing competing demands and priorities
- Ensure appropriate and timely responses to all relevant correspondence
- Act as administration lead for most incoming issues to the Investigations mailbox, allocating to Secretariat members as appropriate
- Act as a filter for incoming phone calls and personal visits to the office, relaying messages accurately and promptly,