The postholder will be expected to provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders, using analytical and technical skills, supported by a knowledge of NHS and public sector data and definitions.
* To assist in the receipt, input and validation of complex data sets and returns from Trusts, GP Practices, providers and other agencies to strict deadlines, identifying potential and actual data problems and proposing solutions, to support the submission of statutory returns.
* To support the Senior Information Analysts in major work areas e.g. secondary care, contract/performance monitoring, or medicines management whilst maintaining a generic approach to support the service as a whole, working independently within departmental procedures and referring to senior staff when necessary.
* To participate in the formal statistical analysis and interpretation of results of data analysis, e.g. reports, charts, maps, pivot tables.
* To design and develop spreadsheets/databases to hold sometimes complex data collected for a particular purpose and maintain the integrity of the data.
* To undertake the analysis of computerised and manual data as part of the provision of management information for both routine and ad-hoc requests. * To support the development and documentation of quality standards covering all aspects of data, analysis and reporting work streams.
* To maintain specialist knowledge and expertise in NHS information systems and an appreciation and understanding of other information systems.
Knowledge of NHS data flows, SQL, Excel and all Microsoft packages is required for this role, please contact me asap if you would like to work with our very well respected public sector client -