NHS Arden & GEM
Job Title - IT Desktop Engineer
Start date - asap
Temp hourly rate - £11.76 pre AWR / 12.74 post AWR
Duration - till end of March 2022, possibly for 1 year for the right candidate
Role Type: Full Time working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Brook Street are recruiting for an experienced IT Desktop Engineer to work within the NHS.
You will be working both onsite and remotely out of Cardinal Square, Derby at customer premises. There will also be some home working covering 1st line phone support.
Typical tasks but not limited to:
- Providing good customer service
- Taking incoming calls from customers
- Logging calls in Ivanti and attempting a first time fix wherever possible.
- Field work to deploy equipment (laptops, PC, printers, scanners) as well as Wifi issues, patching, telephony etc
- Demonstrate good communication skills, both oral and written
- Working in an organised manner, using own knowledge and expertise to deliver on time and to standard.
- Reporting to management
- Completing all documentation clearly and quickly
- Good customer service skills
- Desktop support
W10, O365, Active Directory, Remote access tools (Dameware), call logging systems (Ivanti), clinical systems (SystmOne, Emis web, Rio, WebIce, PACS)
- IT related degree or experience in the field
- Working on first line support, taking incoming calls from customers and attempting a first time fix wherever possible
- Experience of 1st line, 2nd line support, desktop support including supporting peripherals such as printers/scanners, experience of Active Directory, W10 and O365.
- Experience of SystmOne would also be a bonus as this is used widely across our customer base.
Full driving licence, as you will be required to visit various sites.
The role is until the end of March 2022, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, 37.5hrs per week at £11.76/hr increasing to £12.74/hr after 12 weeks.
Expenses will be paid for mileage when moving from site to site.
The role is initially office based out of Cardinal Square but will require travelling all around the County to assist users.
If this sounds the ideal role for you and would like to apply, then please send your CV in word format to the PSR Team at Nottingham.
You will be subject to a Standard DBS check and 3 years full referencing. You will also require photographic ID ie current passport. If using a current drivers licence photocard, you will need to provide your original long birth certificate and proof of NI.