I have an opportunity as an Personal Assistance/Business Supporter role based in the Reading town centre. The postholders will provide high level, confidential and flexible PA support to the Regional Director of Specialised Commissioning, the Director of Finance and the Clinical Director (to be determined). The postholders will manage their own workload on a day-to-day basis, refine administrative procedures and act independently to action and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
This post is one of continual development. Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with the directorates`s priorities and duties may change or new duties be introduced after consultation with the postholder.
Key Responsibilities, but will not be restricted, include:
Administration, Planning & Organisation
- To provide administrative PA and secretarial support to the management team to include timetabling arrangements, diary management, team co-ordination, minute taking, copy typing, photocopying, filing, emailing and distributing reports. This requires extensive use of software packages in the Microsoft Office suite and involves long periods of time working on a computer and looking at a monitor.
- To organise and arrange meetings and distribute agendas (this can include meetings in a variety of national and London wide settings. Some meetings may address complex activities/issues including negotiation and agreeing budgets/contracts and discussion/resolution of performance issues).
- To update and maintain a mailing list and database with various contacts including Hospitals and Clinical Commissioning Groups, Clinical Reference Groups, Strategic Clinical Networks, Academic Health Science Networks and other Commissioners.
- To ensure an appropriate induction programme is in place for new staff including setting up new email accounts, access to all drives, post trays, telephones and basic stationary.
- To deal with highly confidential information i.e. funding requests from Clinicians and Patients whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and Caldicott requirements.
- Responsible for drafting correspondence
- Accumulate and distribute documents in support of the management team and other specialised services meetings.
- To plan, maintain and manage own workload, seeking support and guidance as necessary.
- To arrange a wide range of urgent meetings in a variety of locations with different individuals, teams and project groups.
- To respond to unpredictable work patterns and interruptions whilst working towards meeting deadlines.
- To ensure service agreement invoices are photocopied, filed and originals are authorised and passed to the Finance Department for prompt payment.
To maintain annual leave cards/sickness records and submit monthly
Communication and Relationships
- To forge strong communication links by liaising with appropriate bodies on behalf of the
- To deal with inquiries regarding highly sensitive issues in a helpful and professional manner whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times, ensuring Freedom of Information Act & Caldicott guidelines are adhered to.
- Inquiries/calls from patients can involve emotional/distressing or disturbing situations or circumstances.
- Take Inquiries/calls from patient user groups.
- To answer incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, being courteous to clients at all times. Stating the nature of the call including name, organisation, telephone number and a brief description of the caller`s message.
Working hours: 9am till 5pm Monday till Friday. Salary dependant of experience and qualification.
If this sounds like the role for you call Khesha today on 0118 9588990 or email to discuss further.