Location: York City Centre
Pay: £10.37 per hour
Hours: 37 per week
Contract length: 3 months (temporary) end of October 2019
Brook Street has been chosen as a recruitment partner to hire temporary Admin Officers for The Rural Payments Agency, giving you the chance to gain credible experience in the public sector.
We are currently recruiting in York for July.
As an Admin Officer you will be responsible for administering the payments and expenses for farmers. All training is provided. You will need to gain an understanding of the current guidance and regulations and based on these you will be responsible for:
The role could incorporate any of the following activities:
- Customer call handling, conducting security checks, registration and recording the details on the appropriate systems;
- Dealing with internal/external customers and colleagues, in a professional manner;
- Dealing with correspondence inbound and outbound (letters and emails);
- Claim processing, adhering to administrative procedures and processes, data checking/entry;
- Good investigative skills, collating and analysing complex information or data;
- To maintain and provide stats on a regular basis as required;
- Use of evidence and knowledge to make effective decisions in all dealings;
- Adherence to guidance, keeping up-to-date with relevant business processes and changes as they occur;
- Working collaboratively, sharing information and good working practices, raising risks/issues and suggestions for improvement;
- Working at pace and providing a quality service maintain high levels of accuracy in all dealings;
- Developing positive working relationships with own team and others as required.
The facilities include an under-cover bike rack, gym, canteen and car park (subject to living 7.5 miles away from the Park and Ride).
The role is subject to DBS and reference clearance. You must have been a resident in the UK for three consecutive years, spending no longer than six months abroad during this period.
To apply for this role, please contact Ollie or Arran on 01904 888800, email or apply through the website.