Do you have a passion for public service? Would you like to make a difference to someone's life? If so we would like to hear from you.
Job role: Admin Officer (AO)
Location: Bradford, BD1
Contract: Temporary (on- going)
Hours: 37 hours
*You may be required to work at any time between the hours of 7.45am and 8pm on any day between Monday to Friday and 8.45am to 5pm on Saturday. You will be given advance notice of your personal schedule. In certain circumstances you may be asked to start work at 7am or work up to 10pm*
Salary: £10.65 p/h
About the Role:
Our client delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. They are responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. We help people lift themselves out of poverty and to stay out of poverty. This is a hugely important public service responsibility and our challenge is bigger than ever. We are looking for determined individuals with admin knowledge and experience to join the team.
Duties and responsibilities:
Your role could involve a range of duties and we are seeking people who are adaptable and flexible. Your initial job will include:
- Providing excellent customer service in a telephony environment to a diverse range of working age customers and employers.
- Making decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assessing claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means
- Supporting the Department's aim that digital will become the primary contact channel for all claimant services.
- Being part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance
- Willingness to communicate and advise a wide range of diverse customers in difficult/sensitive circumstances.
- Willingness to learn how to deliver service using digital methods.
- Willingness to make reducing our costs and providing value for money to the taxpayer a priority.
- Be prepared to engage effectively with our partners
- Have a desire to showcase public service at its best
If you are interested please apply now!