Department of Health and Social Care - Admin Officer
Hours: Monday - Friday (37.5 hours)
Pay: £8.87ph- £9.62ph
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
Provide full clerical and administrative support to the Deputy Director by:
- Ensuring the Deputy Director's (DD) diary is carefully managed and maintained. Organise internal and external meetings.
- Making sure meeting papers are produced and shared in good time with the DD.
- Careful checking of DD's emails to ensure that in his absence, the relevant section heads are aware of urgent requirements.
Contribute to the successful management of the business elements of the branch:
- Manage the correspondence database ensuring that relevant correspondence is allocated to the appropriate policy lead in a timely manner. Chase contributions and maintain the database.
- Organise monthly branch meeting, ensuring the agenda items are collated, incorporated into an agenda and circulated in advance of the meeting. Ensure that VC/teleconference lines are booked and working.
- Following training, develop the role as the first point of contact for the branch in terms of finance.
- First point of contact for the payment of invoices that come into the branch.
- Maintain high level spreadsheet so spend across the branch so budget managers are clear on budget spend at any given time.
Support to the wider branch:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the wider team, setting up meetings and travel arrangements on their behalf.
- Provide support to the SEO on the Gender Pay Gap in Medicine Review, setting up stakeholder events and other tasks as and when required.
- Ensure calendars are up to date and whereabouts of colleagues are captured and shared across the branch.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Clear planning and organisation skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Can do attitude
- Proficient use of MS office programmes especially MS Excel
- Must have experience in communications
- Must be able to effectively work from home
What you can expect in return
- Fantastic working environment
- Flexible working hours due to business needs
- Central Leeds however will be from home for the foreseeable future
Please call Siobhan on 01274307569 to discuss this further