Brook Street is working with our Antrim client to recruit a Full time and permanent Application Support Analyst to join their expanding team.
The post holder will be based at the company's head office, presently in Antrim, or at such other location as may be determined from time to time.
The role is responsible for the maintenance of several applications across the Company including their upgrades, replacements, and their effective operation on a day-to-day basis.
The number of applications in use, their diversity, and the business-critical nature of the operation of many of them, makes this role extremely important to the operation of the Company.
- Ability to work independently on complex issues that may require in depth analysis of data and business processes
- Work closely with staff and customers to support them in the use of applications to help to minimise the impact of incidents and problems and develop robust solutions to address these.
- Follow current Company procedures and policies, including change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management and application backups.
- Ensure that there is appropriate planning, testing and implementation of application/infrastructure releases, form design and configuration changes, in line with business priorities and supplier roadmaps.
- Wherever possible, identify potential areas for service improvement within applications for services and explore how these can be achieved.
- Provide timely and expert advice on emerging trends and issues affecting the efficient operation of applications, working with the Company to plan and undertake appropriate remedial action. Create and edit documentation of internal processes and procedures.
- Administer and maintain all internal testing environments to ensure that all agreed standards are being met
- Troubleshoot and diagnose application issues in an effective and timely manner and/or within agreed timescales
- Communicate with Management as required, keeping them informed of incident progress and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Identify and escalate bugs and repeat faults to the relevant internal teams for resolution. y. Scope of Role
- An ability to self-manage and work well as part of a team that provides high quality operational and technical application support
- Preferably a minimum 2 year's experience working in an Applications environment.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge capability.
- Preferably a minimum 2 year's experience working with PHP, Laravel, SQL, and getting the best from, external software vendors and cloud hosting parties,
- Good up to date knowledge of all key technical areas.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch)
Salary: £31,000 to £33,000 - depending on experience
Please send CV via the link