Domestic & General are delighted to be offering a professional development programme through our Customer Sales Advisor Apprenticeship opportunities within our Sky Outbound department based in Nottingham.
This position will be home based initially, with the potential for a mix of office and home-based working in the future. You will therefore need to live within a commutable distance, from our office in the Nottingham city centre.
As a Customer Sales Advisor in our Sky Outbound team, you will be an ambassador of our Sky campaign. You will represent and promote this well-known household brand, making our customers aware of the Sky Protect products they can purchase, for added peace of mind. You will be making outbound sales calls to Sky's warm customer base, who will benefit from your expert guidance to purchase Sky Protect products that best suit their needs.
The Sky Outbound department is a lively, energetic, fun sales driven environment, focused on delivering great sales performance through excellent customer service. On Sky Outbound you can expect plenty of support through coaching and personal development, along with engaging sales focused incentives & initiatives.
Your onboarding journey with us will be fully virtual, giving you the flexibility but still the full engaging experience that you deserve. We'll take care of providing the equipment you need before you start, but you must have broadband access.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
- Two weeks of: Monday - Thursday 11:00 - 20:00 and an early finish on a Friday working 9:30 - 16:00
- Two week of: Monday - Thursday 09:30 - 18:30 with an early finish on a Friday working 09:30 - 16:00
- One Saturday in every three weekends: 09:00 - 16:30 (weekday off in lieu)
- You will have proven experience in a home-based position or a similar role where you have worked autonomously. Previous targeted sales or customer service experience is a must.
- You'll be skilled in customer service and sales, with a desire to become a driven sales professional.
- You'll thrive on beating and exceeding sales targets and have strong sales skills - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first.
- You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed through your excellent communication skills.
- You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can hit multiple targets whilst being resilient and show a great team spirit!
- Please note, you are not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
Salary & Bonuses
- Starting salary:£17,500
- After passing probation (6 months):£19,000
- After completion of apprenticeship (12 months ):£20,352
- Bonus average earning potential of up to £5,400 per annum with the opportunity to earn more for above average performance. Earned through a combination of achieving sales targets, excellent customer service and call quality
- Comprehensive training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Annual leave - 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Health cash plan - employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Pension scheme - matched employer contributions up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance - employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance - access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing - access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans - interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work - tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing - discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme - specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan - one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts - access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailer.
We offer a fantastic virtual training experience over a 3 week period. Please ensure you can commit to the following 3 weeks schedule before applying:
- Mon - Thurs: 09:30 - 18:30
- Fri: 9:30 - 16:00
Your training will provide a rich blend of learning from our L&D team, as well as some independent e-learning, and self-reflection. You'll start off finding out about Domestic & General's successful history and our future vision, whilst at the same time getting to know your new colleagues! You'll also be call listening to some of our customer calls to see what makes a great customer experience, as well as perfecting your sales ability. All systems training will be covered so you are confident working independently at home.
As an Apprentice you will also receive continued training and development throughout the programme, with time dedicated to your learning and progression. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a sales-based role, whilst receiving structured training and support, and a Level 2 Sales qualification upon completion of the programme.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for sales focused individuals, dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
Immediate interviews available and a start date of 6th April - apply now to find out more
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.