Leicestershire Police are recruiting for an Archivist for a 12 month contract.
1. To undertake storage and retrieval activities in relation to the files and materials processed by Criminal Justice and Crown Prosecution Service Level Agreement.
2. To maintain relevant databases in relation to files and materials storage and retrieval, recording file movements as appropriate.
3. To administer a files and materials ordering and return system ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreement.
4. To retrieve and copy audio and video evidence and forward to appropriate member of Force, Crown Prosecution Service or Courts in line with Policy / Procedures
5. To take responsibility for personal development, identifying developmental/training needs in conjunction with Line Manager.
6. To assist in the establishment and development of policy and procedure relevant to the unit as and when appropriate.
7. To administer diary system for file / material disposal.
To undertake the timely disposal of files and materials in accordance with Policy / Procedures
1. To provide a help desk service by researching data, files and materials held in the Service Section
To search and provide information by means of FAX, telephone or electronic systems to persons authorised to receive relative to matters dealt with by Police, Crown Prosecution Service, Courts and partners according relevant legislation.
The ideal candidate would
Take personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results, whilst displaying motivation, commitment, perseverance, conscientiousness and a high degree of integrity.
To have quick and accurate keyboard skills in order to operate a Windows XP-based computer system, including Outlook, Word and Excel
To be educated to GCSE Grade `C`, or equivalent, in English Language or demonstrate ability to work to that standard.
The successful candidate would require to go through a police vetting process
Please get in contact and apply if you are interested