AREA BUSINESS MANAGER (ABM)
Reporting to: CF Managing Director
Hours: 40 hours (9 am - 6 pm)
Benefits: 33 days' leave inclusive of bank holidays, employer contribution to pension, Free Oyster card for all work-related travels or mileage claim, alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience, health cover, flexible working with core hours of 10.00am - 6.00pm.
My client is a reputable organisation who provides self-contained, furnished supported housing, and tenancy sustainment for individuals who require additional help to avoid homelessness. The team is led by qualified and experienced managers backed up by fully-trained Housing Support Officers. A fundamental part of our success in supporting people with varied and complex needs is our multi-disciplinary approach. Support Officers and Service Users work collaboratively to identify support needs, improve skills and confidence and work towards clients making their own choices and taking back full control of their lives.
Who you are:
We are keen for the candidate to hit the ground running with previous experience of carrying out a similar role within a Local Authority, housing association or voluntary organisation. Supported Housing and Life beyond Housing is a critical priority for us at the CF. Ensuring the very highest standards of supported housing management across our property portfolio is paramount to us. We are looking for a talented Area Business Manager, who will inspire, lead and manage a team of Housing Support Officers (SO's), ensuring the delivery of effective, high-quality supported housing management services to meet local needs within a defined area office.
This role involves travel to service delivery sites and requires an organised, flexible approach in order to meet the many demands of working across the organisation in a range of services and settings. In doing so, there is consideration of flexible working, a supportive work environment and a team approach to creating ideas and finding solutions.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply.
Based in Croydon, you will be responsible for the delivery of safe and responsive support services to our customers/tenants/service users, actively senior support officers and teams in your area. Your remit will be wide and varied including ensuring our services deliver high quality support and personalised outcomes to customers/service users/tenants, comply with CF standards and contractual requirement's with local authorities or other bodies, developing performance driven staff teams, manage budgets ensuring financial targets are met and you will actively participate in the growth and development of your area.
The Area Business Manager will report to the CF. Managing Director. The successful candidate will directly manage Support Officers, Senior Support Officers and from time to time may be asked to manage temporary assignments outside of the established structure, ensuring the delivery of effective, high quality supported housing services to meet local needs.
- Responsibility for overseeing the day to day operational management of your designated patch. You will lead staff teams in ensuring that a personalised, cost effective and high-quality supported housing management and supported living service is provided at all times.
- Track record of effective operational leadership and management of staff across dispersed locations, working through a line-management structure, including through a period of substantial change.
- Effectively managing any safeguarding incidents and carrying out appropriate escalation of any emerging risks.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situation in relation to people/clients.
- Experience in managing homelessness, strong supported housing management skills, temporary accommodation and supported living services, outstanding communication skills and will have the ability to motivate, inspire and manage staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance, respond positively to changing needs and achieve continuous service improvements.
- Experience of working in partnership with a variety of external agencies - local authorities, etc.
- Overall management of the Area office and leading and managing the Support team in the delivery of support services (mental health, probation clients, mild learning difficulties, and those who may have slept rough on the streets) whilst ensuring full compliance with our service standards, and to foster and sustain a strong performance culture throughout the area office team, motivating staff to deliver on KPI targets.
- Provide operational oversight in ensuring that the teams casework is up to date and being carried out online with current policies & procedures.
- Be an operational lead for your designated area and lead in providing a customer focused service in all areas of housing management
- Leadership experience of developing, implementing and managing integrated supported housing services in the health and housing or health and social care provision.
- Taking ownership of, and deal with, complex supported housing management issues and complaints, ensuring that complaints and resident feedback are dealt with promptly and that identified areas of improvement are addressed and results fed back to management and customers in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and managing the performance of all staff and service providers e.g. cleaning and clearing, to challenge performance as required, and to ensure high levels of visual amenity by delivering a comprehensive programme of property/room inspections.