Area Leader (Permanent)
Outskirts or Leeds / Sherburn in Elmet
4 on 4 off DAY Shift
06:15 - 19:00
(Flexibility will be required around the needs of the business)
£13.80 - £14.08 Per hour (£29,807 Annual)
Are you a confident leader?
Would you like a career with a great company?
You could be working for an industry leading company. The successful candidate will be joining the busy Preparations team in Leeds.
You will play a pivotal role in assisting with the Department Manager with the smooth running of the department and production Targets.
Main duties include:
- Check daily attendance registers, record and forward on to departmental supervisors before 7.30am, and, ensure compliance of absenteeism and return to work procedures and policies.
- To ensure strict compliance of CCP's at all times.
- Utilisation and Management of core staff and agency to maximise production and minimise cost.
- Lead, develop and motivate the Line Leaders and production operatives in accordance with the business plan.
- Carry out effective PDP's on all members of your team.
- Attend production meetings to report on staff numbers, KPI's, machinery breakdowns and any other issues that need to be addressed at the meeting when necessary.
- Coordination and verification of completed documentation to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained. Ensure process paperwork is completed in a timely fashion with correct information and it is communicated to the factory floor and all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and train multi skilled line operatives on all relevant departmental tasks and rotate all operatives at appropriate intervals throughout the day ensure safe/best working practices.
- Ensure operatives in the preparation team comply with health and safety policies e.g. wearing the correct PPE prior to commencement of task.
- Deal with non-conformance reports as necessary.
- Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety in your area
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Coordinator to establish controls for health and safety to include: Daily Start Up checks, Accident and Near Miss Investigations, Monitoring of corrective actions coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery and equipment in your Area of responsibility.
- FULL JOB SPEC AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
What's needed from you?
A proven track record of your brilliance is essential. If you have demonstratable experience in a similar role, we'd love to speak with you!
- You will ideally have worked in a Team Leader / Supervisory role within Production
- Food Production experience would be a bonus but not essential
- Must be used to working to tight deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Keen eye for detail
- Great communication skills
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW
Any questions or to arrange a discreet chat, please email / 07515 325 150