Assembly Manager - Slough - 40 hours per week
Up to 30k per annum
Our client is an established national supplier of premium products for Fine Dining, Pastry and Hospitality in the UK and are currently rectruiting for an Assembly Manager who hold experience within the Bespoke/Fine Dining industry.
The Bespoke Assembly Manager will work closely with the Head of Procurement who is tasked with building the customer base and product portfolio of bespoke offerings. They will look after 3-5 Assembly packers within the warehouse.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the BAR operation and related operating procedures to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
- Ongoing development and execution of improvement plans for the BAR; to include cost efficiencies, stock management, order taking, work flow & team management.
- Use Excel to create reports, track projects and support recommendations/proposals.
- Manage, train and motivate a small team (currently five), to ensure KPIs are met or exceeded (including performance plans and disciplinaries). Set and agree new KPI's each year with Head of Procurement.
- Recruit new staff if required, undertaking first interviews, with final sign off from Head of Procurement.
- Brief the team daily/weekly and lead team meetings. Meet the individuals quarterly to discuss and review KPIs.
- Be the first point of contact for all BAR related issues or concerns and proactively communicate information within the department and between departments in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Organise workloads as necessary to ensure all orders are prepared and packed accurately and to the highest quality, then booked on to the system to be sent out .
Professional / Technical Qualifications
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Experience & Job Knowledge
- Strong team management skills; able to motivate and lead by example to ensure team members perform to the best of their ability in line with company expectations.
- Familiar with production or packaging lines and/or knowledge of industry best practice.
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Process driven; ability to prioritise, build workload schedules and work to tight deadlines
If you believe this role would suit you please do not hesitate to apply!!