Assistant Accountant - £20,000 - £23,000 DOE
Brook Street is pleased to be working with a highly successful loan provider in central Southampton.
Our client's culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
The role will be to support small finance team with various finance administrative tasks. The need for the role has come up due to company's growth and the increased workload within the team, therefore the role is on a permanent basis. The role requires an individual who is happy to work in a small team but is also a confident self-starter.
Responsibilities of the role;
Provide general administrative support to whole company including, but not limited to:
- Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Operational assistance with purchase invoice processing
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reports
- Petty Cash Management
- Prepare prepayments and accruals schedules
- Posting of journals and run trial balance
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- AAT qualified or part-qualified (or equivalent);
- Some previous experience in a finance team;
- Self-disciplined and organised;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Confident user of Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Be able to prioritise tasks effectively and work well under pressure;
- Degree qualified
- Experience within financial services sector
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary with a bonus structure in place too. The hours will be 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday. In addition, you will receive 22 days holiday + bank holidays, pension with employer contributions rising to 5% after one year of service, and access to Perkbox on successful completion of probation.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .