Our client is looking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to work in their firm, located on the outskirts of Newcastle. With great accessibility and parking, they are offering a very competitive salary, a 5 day working week, and attractive holiday package.
Specialising in small local businesses and limited companies, they offer a bespoke service to clients in the North East. Primarily their focus is on Tax and VAT, so experience in this area would be highly beneficial.
They want someone who can come in and hit the ground running - this is not an entry-level role.
- arrangement of VAT returns, Corporate Tax Computations and Tax Returns.
- Preparing assessments for Individuals, Partnerships and Rental Property Income.
- Working closely on Sole Trader Accounts - management of the process.
- Talking to and professionally dealing with clients and their concerns.
- Data Entry and Analysis.
- A minimum of 18 months - 2 years Practice Experience.
- Knowledge of TaxCalc, Brightpay and QuickBooks (Desirable).
- Experience working with Private clients.
- Limited company/small business experience.
- Understands the entire process and can hit the ground running.
- Qualifications are by no means an essential.
Get applying now and contact me, Sarah Nixon, at Brook Street Newcastle.