£28000 - £32000 per annum + great benefits
about 1 month ago
Nov 2023 or ASAP
£27k - £32k per annum basic salary
Full Time - Permanent - 40 hours per week (8am - 5pm)
Do you have 3 years experience of providing accounting support within a fast-paced business?
Are you AAT level 3 or part CIMA/ACCA qualified?
Are you looking for a role where you can map your progression and work in a people focussed business?
If so, we are looking for a Assistant Accountant with at least 3 years experience to join a successful workwear and PPE company in Petersfield. This is exciting opportunity permanent opportunity to join a really progressive company.
They can offer a competitive salary, excellent holiday allowance, EAP schemes, and flexible working policies.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for supporting the Finance team with month end reporting and balance sheet management, as well as carrying out a list of duties to ensure smooth running of the day to day financial operations. You will work closely with the Senior Management Accountant and other members of the accounts team.
Key duties will include:
- Support the production of monthly management accounts including journal creation into Netsuite
- Balance sheet reconcilations. Updating supporting schedules
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Expense processing and payment
- Daily bank reconciliations for parent and subsidiary
- Management of the trade facility and assist cash flow forecasting
- Support purchase ledger with setting up payments
- Overheads invoice processing
- Top 20 supplier statement reconciliations
- Customer recharges
- Company credit cards management
- Accounting for staff perks
- Ad-hoc customer ordering
- Supporting with the annual budget process
- Assisting with the annual external audit
What we are looking for:
We are ideally looking for 3 years experience of working in an accounts team. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills, ability to thrive working in a team, and the ability to present information clearly.
Key knowledge, skills and attitudes required:
- AAT qualified and/or ACCA/CIMA Part-qualified
- Excellent MS Excel skills and good knowledge in using other Microsoft products
- Wide range of interpersonal skills and can make information easily digestible
- Respect and uphold the Company's values
- Have a positive and energetic attitude
- Must be self motivated
- Relationship management skills
- Highly organised with excellent and proven time management skills
- Integrity, trust and honesty
- Initiative and proactive approach
- Perseverance and adaptability
- Rigorousness and attention to detail
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful track record in a finance role
What's in it for you?
Our client provides industry-leading training and career development, empowering their team to drive innovation and further the goals of the organisation.
In return for your hard work, they will provide:
- A competitive salary of up to £32k per annum
- Hybrid working
- Yearly performance and salary reviews
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing after 3 years of service
- Employment Schemes as well as regular wellbeing events, including monthly YOGA sessions
- Work perk of early finish on Fridays at 4pm
- State of the art, modern offices
- Pension Scheme
- Newly developed benefits scheme
If this role sounds like the Assistant Accountant opportunity for you, click 'apply' today and submit your CV.
Suitable candidates based on CV will be contacted by Brook Street to run through a quick coversheet ahead of being invited to a telephone interview.
If you are offered the job following interview, we are looking for you to start as soon as possible.