Our client has become one of Ireland`s fastest growing and internationally renowned companies. They export to over 30 countries and are now in the top 3 worldwide in their sector, a great achievement for a local company.
This is an exciting opportunity and the successful candidate will be working within a busy accounts department. Day to day duties will involve ensuring the smooth running of the accounts function with the opportunity for personal growth and development within the role.
Responsibilities will include, however not be limited to, the following core duties:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts.
- Assist the Finance Director and Accountants with the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review and analyse Income statement expense accounts providing relevant feedback to appropriate departments.
- Assist with the VAT return submission and reconciliation.
- Assist with Budgeting/Forecasting and carrying out Variance analysis.
- Journal Entries as required (Accruals, Prepayments, Payroll etc.)
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Update and maintain fixed asset register.
- Develop internal accounting processes between relevant company departments.
- Assist in developing internal audit processes.
The ideal person will have or be able to:
- A Degree in Accounting or other related discipline OR be a qualified Accounting Technician.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Be able to communicate verbally and orally in a professional manner with people both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High motivation levels and keenness to work as part of a successful team.
If you are keen to take on responsibility and have the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment please call Stephen at Brook Street on 02890 324548 or click on "Apply"