Assistant EBME Technician - Band 3 - to start asap!
To apply, you MUST be qualified to ONC / BTEC level in Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical discipline!
Pay rate dependant on experience.
Monday - Friday (09:00 - 17:00)
* To commission and perform basic repairs and maintenance on a range of medical equipment:- including life support, ventilatory and anaesthetic equipment used within the medical field.
* To organise and prioritise daily work schedules, and to work unsupervised, to professional standards in compliance with Department of Health guidelines and relevant standards set by statutory regulatory bodies, the relevant equipment manufacturer and departmental procedures.
* To advise healthcare professionals and/or clients, when necessary, in the correct and safe use of equipment.
* To attend training courses and to update ones own technical knowledge of equipment.
* To disseminate this information to colleagues as required.
* To negotiate with other healthcare professionals in obtaining access to medical equipment in order to perform routine maintenance and or repairs at mutually convenient times.
* To complete all documentation, including safety tests, fault history and commissioning records. To input this on to the departments computerised record system.
* To comment and co-operate in the implementation of departmental policies.
* To maintain agreed stock levels and progress the ordering of spare parts as and when needed. Also to be responsible for receiving equipment and spare parts into the department and ensuring its correct logging, storage and distribution.
* To attend all wards and departments on a regular basis to perform routine maintenance and when necessary, to carry out limited repairs; this may involve the movement of heavy medical equipment.
If you would like to be considered, please apply online or email your CV