The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Role Purpose/ Summary: To provide efficient and responsive administrative and editorial assistance to one or more of the Practical Law Practice Areas within Editorial, Legal Solutions UKI.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Conducting and/or supporting the process for trawling websites and other sources of information to identify developments to cover in the Practical Law current awareness product offering.
- In collaboration with senior colleagues, filtering irrelevant results from the trawl, flagging how trawl items relate to previously covered items.
- Managing the processes for sending daily and weekly update e-mails and alerts.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, writing first drafts of new content for online publication and maintaining existing content, liaising with others to ensure that content is up-to-date and reflects current legal and market practice and is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Under supervision, making changes to published content as part of the maintenance cycle.
- Assisting with the maintenance of online and hard copy resources, including legislation trackers.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, responding to queries from customers and providing support to others to ensure that questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Proof reading new content, making corrections and ensuring that new content is produced in compliance with technical and editorial requirements.
- Providing administrative support to the group to help implement new technology and working systems.
- Performing general administration duties and managing internal processes for the Practice Area teams.