We've got a great opportunity for the HOME OFFICE, Assistant Officer role based in Felixstowe, to join a fast-paced environment, working in the administrative department and professional team.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to serve the Government and your Country.
Contract: Temporary, initially until the end of August 2020
Start: October 2019
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 9 - 5 (You may be asked to work on a 24/7 shift pattern).
Pay Rate: £10.73p/h plus overtime and unsocial hours rates + 34 days holiday accrual.
We are looking for an Assistant Officer to work in a highly driven team to carry out examinations and checks set by policy and operating procedures. If successful, duties will include:
- General administration duties - emails, taking calls, photo copying, filling and scanning.
- Data entry- inputting information and updating systems.
- Complete the admin process behind tariffs and goods.
- Working on the dock side to inspect various goods.
- Undertake dock side safety awareness.
The successful candidate will also need to come into the Brook street Office in Chelmsford to complete registration, pre-employment screening and security clearance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate resilience, experience in administration, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships and thrive working as part of a team.
Apply now or call the office for more information 01245 493533