Brook Street are proud to advertise a temporary position for an Assistant Officer Manager, this is an interesting job opportunity to support the delivery of an effective, independent and impartial Military Court Service (MCS) to the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force and civilians subject to Service Law.
The Assistant Office Manager (AOM) post requires a highly motivated individual with an eye for detail and drive to get the job done. The applicant must understand the need for confidentiality and impartiality when dealing with sensitive legal documents relating to individuals' personal circumstances. They must also be able to work well in a team environment and take a flexible approach to their work in order to achieve deadlines. The applicant will work within a small team, under the direction of the Office Manager.
Brief outline of basic duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the retention, archiving and destruction of judicial files and legal documentation, both in paper and electronic formats and maintenance of the e-filing system
- Assist with the collation and dissemination of information as for submission to the Court Martial Appeal Court
- Book Verbatim Court Recorders and other experts such as intermediaries and interpreters for Service Courts and other specified ah-hoc users
- Assist with requests, ordering, distribution and electronic storage of court transcripts, together with ad-hoc checks to ensure contract deliverables have been met. This will include the updating of an in-house database for auditing purposes
- General administrative tasks
The applicant must be proficient in IT (including MS Word, Excel, MS Teams)
The applicant will work as part of a small team under the Office Manager to provide administrative support to the Headquarters and Military Courts based at Bulford and Catterick.
Pay rate: £10.88/hour, this role is full time (37.30 hrs per week)
Location: MOD - Millitary Court Centre Bulford, Ward Barracks, Bulford location, Wiltshire, SP4 9NA
Length of assignment: until 17.12.2021
*The offered candidate is subject to a vetting and DBS check.