Are you a Purchasing Assistant / Assistant Buyer? Do you have proven experience in Procurement at a Junior Level? This could be a great new role for you.
We are currently working with an exciting fast-growing business based on the Culham Science Park near Abingdon, Oxfordshire. They are looking for someone to join the business on a 3-month temporary contract but due to potential restructure this could turn into a temp to perm contract.
The suitable person would need to be able to: -
- Scrutiny of all non-Capital Equipment or Significant Spend requisitions (£0-£9999) for conformance, accuracy and appropriate signatories in readiness for placement of official purchase order.
- Timely placement of all materials orders (>£0-£9999). including web orders in line with the Procurement Policy.
- Timely placement of all Capital Equipment or Significant Spend orders (valued £0-£9999).
- Updating Capex/SSF live budget spreadsheet as and when significant purchases made.
- Obtaining supplier acknowledgement for all purchase orders, checking conformance to purchase order (goods ordered, price, quantity, delivery date, carriage charge) and advising Procurement Manager or requestor of any deviation from original request.
- Updating & Chasing outstanding purchase on the system.
- Progressing overdue purchase orders and keeping details of supplier commitments
- Analysis of materials spend and BOM costings providing support as necessary to the Senior Buyer & CFO as necessary.
- Scrutiny and Understanding of Terms and conditions on orders for all expenditure.
- Liaison with strategic material vendors including vendor assessments and potentially sit in on vendor meetings
- Booking in non-stock purchase orders up on arrival of goods and ensuring GRN's & Invoices are passed to Accounts for processing in a timely manner.
- Assist and liaise with Accounts Department re-invoice or GRN queries.
- Assist with any other Ancillary support and other reasonable duties assigned by Senior Buyer, Financial Controller and CFO.
Working hours will be 8am to 4pm (30 min lunch break). Monday to Friday with weekends off. Hours can be flexible if required but these are the base hours for all procurement staff.
Hourly Rate: £12.50 p/h (Weekly Pay) / around £24,500 annually
If interested and would like more details and to discuss, please contact Lewis Griffiths at Brook Street on 01235 706100.