The Home Office have an opportunity for 2 Asylum Support Officers to join their Asylum Intake Unit (AIU)- This is a long-term temporary role.
If you have a strong customer service and admin background, then please read on as this may be the opportunity for you
- Location: 471 Kirkstall Rd, Kirkstall, Leeds LS4 2QD
- Hours: Monday- Friday 37.5 hours a week - 0-5
- Assignment length: August 2022 (Temporary position)
- Salary: £10.83 per hour rising to £12.88 after 12 weeks (Annually £25,116)
The Home Office plays a fundamental role in the security and economic prosperity of the UK.
The Home Office is the lead government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime, fire, counter-terrorism and police.
The AIU is the first point of contact for asylum applicants who make their claim in country.
The AIU gather all relevant information about an individual and their journey to the UK.
- You will conduct initial screening interviews, to ascertain an applicant's identity, travel history and entry to the United Kingdom. To include any safeguarding referrals for vulnerable asylum applicants and NRM referrals. To ensure customers are respectfully and professionally interviewed in consideration of their needs, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion.
- You will conduct Biometrics Capture (Fingerprinting)
- Capture of the biometrics of all AIU customers prior to the screening interview, to verify and to establish any previous immigration history.
- You will also act as the first point of contact for all customers arriving in the unit. To deal effectively with the validation and registration of those asylum claimants arriving with an appointment whilst identifying any potential vulnerabilities and walk in customers.
The successful candidate will have experience/skills in the following:
- You will have a high level of organisational and communication skills due to the role's close liaison and interaction with a variety of stakeholders
- A strong administration background
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Be able to cope with service users who may be distressed
- Have patience whilst gathering information
If this role sounds of interest to you then please apply now