Audit Senior Manager - £65,000 - £75,000 DOE
My client is looking for a full time Audit Senior Manager to join their team as soon as possible!
Brook Street is pleased to be able to offer the position of an Audit Senior Manager with one of the leading independent financial and professional services groups in the country, their independent, partner-led practice has been successful for over 130 years and our client is now looking to take on a new Audit Senior Manager to lead their team into success for the future.
Who's right for the job?
As an Audit Senior Manager, you will be a senior member of the audit group. Will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, ensuring sound management of our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Client Portfolio - ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues
- Audit work and setting budgets - act as audit lead on privately owned and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers, with overall responsibility for each assignment being retained by the Partner
- Commercial awareness of all aspects of clients' businesses and the impacts on our work
- Management - arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments
- Business/Practice Development - preparation and review of proposals for new work, attendance at marketing events, development of personal contacts and identification and pro-active development of opportunities for us with current clients
- Department Administration - monitoring of qualified and student bookings and workloads to ensure most efficient use of resources. Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with
- Training and development - ensuring assessment forms completed and feedback given to staff on all jobs. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally
- Client billing/commercial awareness of WIP
- Planning and organising - to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales through continual monitoring of progression of the work
- Technical expertise - to ensure audit conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the type of industry. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions
- Commercial awareness - to have a good understanding of the commercial factors affecting the client and to be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by the client by reviewing costs against budget
- Teamwork - working as a team with the other managers, Partners and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client demands are exceeded etc and dealing with differences
- Problem solving - technical knowledge to resolve client issues and organisation to be flexible to meet client and director demands
- Customer focus - ensuring clients expectations are exceeded, by providing a first class service at all times
- Business Development - ability to develop trusted advisor status with clients
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of £65,000 - £75,000, depending on experience. Working hours are standard office hours, but can be discussed at interview. They also have close to city parking if you drive and an amazing benefits package.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .