Brook Street is delighted to now recruit an experienced "Automation Engineer" for gates and access control systems.
To install, repair and maintain automated gates, barriers, bollards and access control systems.
Senior Contracts Manager
Hours of Operation;
08.00 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday with 45 minutes for lunch.
08.00 - 15.30 Friday with 45 minutes for lunch.
39.75 hour week with occasional Saturday morning.
* Install gates, barriers, bollards and garage doors to specified standards.
* Read job specification sheets and prepare all necessary equipment to complete jobs.
* Prepare for jobs by reading site plans and drawings where relevant.
* Solve practical problems: detect and repair system faults using a logical approach.
* Perform routine maintenance services when required.
* Adhere to all health and safety requirements.
* Liaise with customers to find out relevant information and keep them informed of job progress.
* On job completion, test system and train customers on its functions, supplying a manual where applicable.
* Participate in meetings with external site teams and within own company environment.
* Complete all paperwork (including time sheets and expenses) to specified standards and submit by stated deadlines.
* Keep the office team updated of job progress and provide them with technical support when required.
* Conduct in house preventative and emergency maintenance on factory machinery.
* Support colleagues through offering assistance and training when required.
* Consistently update own technical knowledge.
* Look after company vehicle according to specified standards.
* Perform any other duties that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
* City and Guilds electrical installation or testing certificate or equivalent
At least 5 years working with automated gates.
* Holds a valid driving licence.
* Be able to demonstrate a logical approach to resolving technical scenarios.
* Use hand and electrical tools with competence.
* Good interpersonal skills to liaise with customers.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Use hands to perform intricate functions, occasionally lift weights up to 25kg.
* Use close vision.
* Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
* Work at heights using ladders and cherry picker vehicles and work within confined spaces.
* May be required to drive for long distances.
* Be part of an on call rota which may necessitate evening, weekend or bank holiday work.
* Be prepared to work with minimum supervision or as part of a team.
* Exposed to risk of electrical shock.
* Exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places.
* Exposed to outside weather conditions, wet, cold and heat.
* The surrounding noise level may be high.
* On occasion the employee will work within an office environment.
* May be required to work away from home in the UK or ROI.
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 (Dependant on experience)
At least 5 years working with automated gates
Required licence or certification:
IOSH accredited Automation training, e.g. camesafe
Knowledge of current machinery directive
Knowledge of carrying out force testing to automated gates
Knowledge of risk assessments to existing and newly installed automated gates and access control systems.
3 years experience installing, maintaining and faultfinding hydraulic control systems
Valid CSR Card