Azure Support Engineer
Reading - Thames Valley Park
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Azure Networking Support Engineer. This is an contract role based in Reading until 30th June 2020.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: Up to £631.00 per day depending on experience
Azure Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Positively represent and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, email, Skype in order to finding solutions for technical problem identified in products.
- As a member of a team, pursue technical problems in the enterprise space, involving broad and in-depth product knowledge by using collaboration and receiving mentoring assistance as needed. Frequently, these problems are politically charged situations as well, requiring the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
- Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
- Consistently share best practices. Write technical articles and blogs for guiding other team members and customers.
- Work is office-based, but occasionally there is the need to travel to attend meetings.
- Collaborating with colleagues across teams, time zones and technologies, working closely with brilliant Support engineers, product groups and progressive customers.
- We work with a diverse range of customers; from small dev shops and independent software vendors to blue chip organisations.
- Resolving customer technical problems
- Opportunity for personal growth
Azure Support Engineer Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS, Client/Server knowledge, understanding of Cloud services, Azure, Azure Active Directory, PowerShell, TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Strong Linux OS Knowledge, Windows Update/Patching
- Excellent customer service skills and customer focused attitude.
- Three or more years' experience in systems deployment/admin, network operations, software support or IT Consulting.
- Strong problem-solving skills, includes troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, good judgment/decision making ability.
- Genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase technical skill level required.
- Recent work experience in a customer facing role
Deadline - Thursday 12th December at 2:00pm