Brook Street are pleased to be working with a successful client within the Newcastle area, who are currently recruiting for Backup Engineers to join their team. Our client are the world's leading independent IT services company across 70 countries, serving 6000 private and public sector clients.
The main duties and responsibilities , but not limited, are to provide Backup and Recovery support with good knowledge and understanding of Windows, Linux, ESXi, Storage, Tooling and Monitoring.
- Reacting to and resolving High Severity Issues on Customer Environments
- Provide advice on solution and integration opportunities for customers
- Out of hours and weekend work may be required
If you are experienced or have trained with the following technologies, this is desirable but not essential;
- Windows Server (208-2017), Linux (Red Hat, CentOS), Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V), Monitoring (HP Operations Manager, SCCM), Storage (Dell EMC, NetApp), Scripting (Powershell, BASH)
- DevOps & Agile methodology experience. working with small agile teams, is a plus
- Trained or Experienced and Certified in cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure & Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following Backup Technologies - EMC Networker / Veritas NetBackup / HPE Data Protector and hold a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Furthermore, you will be experienced at working and providing Backup support in an Enterprise Evironment.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you do not hear from Brook Street within 3 days of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful. Although we may keep your details on record for future positions.