Our NHS client is looking for Floorwalkers to join their new EHRS team and work 7 - 10 standard hour shifts from 8am up to 8pm. This role is to start in March up until April.
This role is to provide support and guidance to hospital staff who require support as they adapt to the rollout of the new EHRS application. You will be trained to provide support in different areas of the hospital (eg: ED, IP Wards, OP Clinics etc) to give on-the-job support to EHRS Users. The Trust Lead will coordinate the Floorwalkers and the Training Manager will support in relation to this role and training.
You will first be trained in the end user modules depending on which area of the hospital you will be stationed in and will then receive enhanced training and coaching prior to go live.
Don`t worry! You will not be expected to deliver formal EHRS training or have system configuration or technical support responsibilities.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be an extremely outgoing, proactive and responsible individual who is able to communicate effectively with individuals on all levels (especially high level personnel!). You must have excellent communication skills, be confident at using a PC with a good knowledge of the NHS environment. You must also be a whizz at handling multiple tasks especially under pressure.
This role will be fantastic for anyone considering an ongoing career within the NHS as you will benefit from formal mentoring, on site coaching skills, an enhanced understanding of conflict resolution and conflict avoidance through the Floorwalker training programme.
Ideally you will have experience in supporting Trusts in a floorwalker role or a junior training role - however recent graduates with the ability to grasp complex IT programmes and an outgoing and confident personality will be welcomed with open arms.
Skills - Essential
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively
- Ability to gain good coaching skills
- Ability to develop good listening skills
- Good IT skills including Windows, e-mail and Internet Explorer (required)
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Bright and articulate
- Ability to learn and communicate complex IT related systems to non technical staff in a positive way
- Patience & understanding
Experience - Preferable
- Previous Floor walking experience within an NHS Acute Trust
- Previous experience of working within an admin or clinical setting within the NHS
- Previous systems support or rollout experience
Assessments are currently going on so send your CV asap!