I am currently recruiting a Band 5 Payroll/ESR Team Manager, to join a busy trust in Chester - CH2.
Hours: 37.50 (Monday - Friday)
£10.83 minimum - dependent upon experience
3 month temporary assignment minimum
Your responsibilities as listed below but are not limited to:
1. Delivering an effective and efficient ESR service to the HR Shared Services clients, complying with all relevant statutory regulations and Trust policies, in order to ensure that accurate and timely staff payments are processed and the ESR database remains up to date and reliable.
2. Checking reports and analysis and taking appropriate action.
3. Responsible for the monitoring of the teams KPI's in accordance with service specifications including response times to pay queries, correspondence and payroll deadlines.
4. Responsible for the management of under/over-payments in accordance with the clients processes and procedures.
5. Responsible for ensuring that all changes to legislation and terms and conditions are actioned in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for ensuring team delivery in the accurate paying of staff within the clients Standing Financial Instructions and in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for recording and reconciliation of all attachment of earnings and authorised payments through the financial systems and assisting in the reconciliation of statutory and non-statutory deductions and control accounts.
8. Responsible for the weekly/monthly correction of P35 year-end non feasibility listings to enable correct electronic transfer to HMRC.
9. To act as an authorised signatory for payments for all HR Shared service clients via the respective Finance systems.
10. Responsible for ensuring the Standard Operating Procedures are continuously reviewed and adhered to and that the ESR Team Leader keep processes updated in line with changes to processes by the ESR Team Leaders.
11. Responsible for working to Standard Operating Procedures where these are in place and contributing to the continuous improvement of these.
12. The post holder will be required to travel to client organisations when necessary to support the provision of services at a particular locality.
To work generically across the HR Shared Service undertaking identified projects and service improvements as required and to support the overall HR Shared Services provision of service to its clients by working across teams where necessary in order to ensure business continuity.
The ideal candidate must have NHS payroll and managerial experience.
If you would like to apply, please email your CV