We are looking for a Project Support Officer to join our client NHS Digital. NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system.
Location- Based in Leeds City Centre
Hours- Monday- Friday 37.5 Hours
- Flexible working applications considered
Salary- £12.74 Per Hour
Temporary position lasting 6-9 months, open to review for Extension
If Successful in the role a DBS would be required.
This role will work as part of a Project Management Office team supporting the following areas:
- Programme reporting
- Supporting communications and stakeholder engagement
- Administrative tasks such as meeting support
- Updating of decision logs and databases
- Processing of payments and finances
- Mailbox support
- Information and management
- Awareness of task management, workflow or collaboration tools.
- Awareness of project and programme management frameworks and practices, such as; risk management, planning, and benefits tracking.
- Awareness of product management and its role in delivering products and services.
- Awareness of the Agile manifesto and agile principles, and how they can be used to help deliver products and services.
- Awareness of NHS Digital and how it supports the NHS.
- Awareness of health service terminology.
- Awareness of a few key concepts for agile development: agile lifecycles the mechanics of scrums, sprints and Kanban.
- Awareness of the principles of continuous improvement, and different methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of design and/or development techniques for digital services - including methodologies (design & user research) / platforms (web, iOS, Chrome) / tools/ environments / languages/ technologies.
- Awareness of various software development lifecycles such as waterfall and agile.
Skills and Experience:
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Writing and Reporting
- Following Instructions and procedures
- Learning and Researching
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Admin Skills
- Working With People
- Experience working in or supporting multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of identifying trends and relationships between data sets and identifying correct data and inputs to support problem solving.
- Experience supporting and working in teams across multiple stages of a delivery lifecycle.
- Experience working within a change environment within Health, Social Care or the Public Sector.
- Experience of successfully supporting the delivery of digital and/or technology products and services.
- Experience supporting testing by executing test scripts and recording results.
- Experience supporting the production of prototypes or Minimum Viable Products in order to test and iterate.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Degree in or related to one of the following fields; one of the following fields; Management, Business, Economics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Data science, Programming, or Health.
- Recognised project management qualification at foundation level e.g. PRINCE2, Agile, or SCRUM.