Band 6 Senior People Advisor
Salary: £16.48 per hour
Location: Woolwich, South-East London
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (37.5 hours a week)
Are you a CIPD qualified Senior People Advisor looking for a new challenge?
Do you have proven experience in employee relations?
Our client NHS, are recruiting an experienced Senior People Advisor to work on-site at their hospital in Woolwich on a three month temporary contract.
As a Senior People Advisor, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an comprehensive Employee Relations service is efficient, effective and accessible. This will include providing specialist Employee Relations advice to Trust managers, in accordance with current employment legislation, the agreed policies and procedures and good employment practices.
Responsibilities of Senior People Advisor:
- Provide advice and support to managers on all aspects of employee relations including sickness absence, conduct, performance management, grievances and harassment and bullying cases, ensuring timely progression of such cases
- Advise managers on the application of employment policies and procedures, providing coaching and training to managers to promote and maintain good employee relations as well as health and well-being at work
- To advise managers chairing formal hearings under employment procedures, ensuring that appropriate procedures are followed and adhered to and that employees have full, fair and impartial hearing. To advise managers on appropriate action to take under such procedures, taking account of all the circumstances of the case, ensuring a consistency of approach across the Trust
- To assist managers in preparing the management statement of case for internal appeal hearings
- To assist the Deputy Director of Workforce/Head of Employee Relations in preparing responses for employment tribunal claims and preparing for ET hearings
- To provide information to staff on NHS terms and conditions of service and issues impacting staff health and well being at work, such as salary details, annual leave, maternity leave and more
- To be responsible for working proactively with managers to manage and reduce sickness absence
- To work with the Head of Employee Relations /Deputy Director of Workforce to review and develop employment policies, to ensure the Trust has robust policies and procedures in place which comply with current employment legislation and Employers standards
- Assist with the management of redundancy and redeployment processes, ensuring the policy on organisational change is followed appropriately.
- Develop and deliver training sessions for managers on HR management issues such as performance management, managing sickness absence and capability, working alongside the training department to co-ordinate the delivery of such training programmes
Required Skills and Experience:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Proven experience in a HR role that included undertaking an employment relations component with minimal supervision
- Experience of advising managers on the application of employment policies
- Able to understand the HR issues arising from operational management issues and advise managers appropriately and persuasively on the actions they should take
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to build positive relationships with managers, colleagues and trade union representatives
- Confident at using computer packages
We are working very quickly to fill this post and we have immediate interviews available, so if you are interested in this position please click apply now.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 3-5 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.