My client is a highly reputable cleaning and grounds maintenance company. Who are proud of their multiple industry awards including Investors in People - Gold standard
Working as part of the Bid Team and reporting to the Chief Estimator, you will have responsibility for gathering, processing and presenting key data to the Board for new contract bids. Initially there is the need to study and interpret relevant tender documents before visiting the sites across the UK. You will determine labour time, materials and associated costs for cleaning, grounds maintenance and other facilities management services When not at site, you will be based at our Head Office in West Byfleet - Surrey.
It is essential to build effective working relationships with external customers to ensure service excellence is maintained.
Job objectives and responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting detailed new contract documentation.
- Arrange site visits throughout the UK and work to tight deadlines.
- Having a consistent approach when pricing accurate proposals at multiple sites.
- Ability to upload a significant volume of key data and present cost plans to external customers and the Board.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are followed.
- Continually review and assess our performance and consider areas of improvement.
- Ensure we are exceeding and leading the way in truly exceptional customer service delivery.
- Ensure all KPI's are tracked and reported on.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 1 year in facilities management soft services is essential.
- Experience in OJEU tenders desirable
- Project Management / Surveying experience desirable
- IT literate with advanced knowledge of Excel (use of tablet, smart phone apps).
- Ability to build and populate extensive excel spreadsheets to capture all pricing elements
- 100% accurate data entry
- Good head for numbers
- Drivers licence essential - vehicle provided.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have a can do, positive attitude.
- A strong customer focused approach.
- Problem solving skills.
- Be able to work without daily supervision and manage your own workload with flexibility over working hours required and occasional overnight stays.
- Be able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines.
- Be prepared to undertake a DBS check.
- Be willing to spend a significant amount of time travelling to and from client sites across the UK
Licence or certification: Full UK Driving Licence
Days: Monday - Friday
Timing: 08:00 - 16:00 (37.5 hrs p/w)
Salary: Up to £37,000
Location: Based in West Byfleet , Surrey but travelling throughout the UK
- Successful applicants will need to display a sound understanding of UK Driving Law and the Highway Code in order to undertake this position
If this sounds of interest please send your cv today!