Manpower are currently recruiting for a Bookkeeper/Accounts Person on behalf of a client of ours based in Tottenham. This is a full-time permanent position. Our client is a manufacturer of luxury women's shoes which are handcrafted using traditional skills passed down through generations. It is a family owned business and their products are sold across hundreds of boutiques and luxury department stores worldwide!
This client is currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Accounts Person to join their team as soon as possible. In this role, you'll be working closely with their accountant.
The day to day duties in this position will include:
- Purchase order processing, invoice control and posting
- Sales order processing, Sales invoice production, Export documentation, Certificate of Origin applications, CITES applications.
- Letters of Credit
- Foreign Currency transactions
- Working knowledge of the UK VAT system
- Working knowledge of the UK PAYE system
- Account reconciliations
- Cash Book Posting
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Credit Control and chasing overdues
- Retail Reconciliation
- General office and administrative work
- This position will be Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. You'll receive 1 hour for lunch.
- The salary for the position is £25,000 per annum.
To be successful as a Bookkeeper/Accounts Person, you'll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong experience in a similar role - ideally for a manufacturing company importing raw materials and exporting the finished products
- General IT skills including Outlook and Word
- Very proficient in Excel
- Good telephone manner
- Accounting packages (like Sage, Pegasus)
- ACCA part qualified - preferable