Brand Marketing Manager
£38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Do you know how to make a brand stand out and have creative brand and product marketing ideas?
Do you have experience in new product development projects from idea to launch?
Do you have experience of product and brand management within an FMCG Company?
If you answered yes on all of the above, then read on:
Our client is an international confectionary company, based in Western Europe but operating in more than 50 markets worldwide. They own some of the strongest brands on the market and due to internal promotions they are currently recruiting for a Brand Manager who will be responsible for managing the brand planning and product portfolio for a well known confectionary brand.
You will be based at their head office in Portsmouth, with flexibility for home working.
Who's right for the job?
The ideal candidate will ideally have excellent communication and influencing skills across multifunctional and international stakeholders. You will have a strong commercial understanding of the FMCG industry with a passion for consumer insight and proven experience in brand growth development.
We are looking for:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a marketing related subject
- CIM qualification (preferred)
- A strong marketing background with preferably 2-3 years' product/brand management experience within an FMCG company
- Experience working with external agencies to brief, develop and execute marketing campaigns
- Experience in new product development projects from idea to launch, understanding the stage and gate process and involvement of cross functions.
- Good analytical skills with a passion for understanding consumers, using data insights and trends
- Strong financial acumen with full understanding of the brand P&L
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- A self-starter with the ability to take ownership and work proactively
- Ability to work at pace and with tight deadlines, managing complex cross functional projects
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- High in energy and a drive for results
- Willingness to travel occasionally
About the job:
Reporting into the Senior Brand Manager, you will be a key member of the company marketing team, responsible for the brand planning and product portfolio of a leading confectionary brand.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans to grow your brand within the UK, in line with the long-term business strategy
- Analyse market and consumer data trends to identify market opportunities to drive brand development
- Build and deliver brand and category presentations to key stakeholders, retail customers and senior leadership team
- Lead and project manage product innovations and renovations from business case creation through to post launch performance analysis. Working cross functionally across global marketing, legal, packaging, production and quality teams through the business stage and gate process
- Lead the development and delivery of marketing communication campaigns to build brand equity, working with external agencies, from brief to post evaluation
- Support the sales team with the development of trade marketing initiatives to support brand growth in specific retailers
- Act as the brand guardian, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to at all times across all markets.
- Owner of the brand budget, ensuring effective and accurate budget management including administration of invoices, monthly accruals and budget trackers
What's in it for you?
Our client offers a basic salary of circa £38k - £42k, in addition to casual dress, company pension, employee discounts, flexible working, life insurance, opportunities for international travel, wellness programmes and a great team!
Let's get started!
For more information, please contact Ben at Brook Street South or apply now to send your CV.