Are you looking for a new and exciting administrative position? Then this may be the perfect role for you!
Our client in Henley is looking for a Business Administrator to provide administrative support to the Offender Management function by maintaining administration systems effectively and efficiently within specified timescales for the establishment. This role is within a government organisation and to be considered for this role you need to complete our compliance procedure as well as a DBS security check.
This position is a temporary role initially until July 2020, with the chance of being extended further. The working hours are Monday-Friday and offering an hourly rate of £10.24/hour.
The position will require the successful individual to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Undertake the transactional activity associated with the offender management function.
- Obtain essential documentation in relation to the categorisation process. Completing prisoners initial categorisation assigning them to the lowest security category consistent with managing their needs in terms of security and control, meeting all the criteria of the category for which they are assessed
- Process the categorisation and allocation paperwork and fully document the evidence for the authorising manager to make a decision
- Process prisoner allocation, by receiving information from population management of the number of spaces available at different establishments, identifying suitable prisoners to transfer.
- Collates information and considers prisoner application requests for transfers and accumulated visits
- Liaise with UK Border Agency (UKBA), Courts, population management, medical teams and other establishments. Seeking clarification from UKBA on immigration status of foreign national prisoners with the ability to contribute to re-categorisation paperwork.
Undertake other administrative tasks including:
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for area of work
- Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department in establishment
- Complete monitoring returns for area of work
- Input requisitions on to the finance database and process requisitions for defined area of work
- Co-ordinate any awareness sessions for area of work
- Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
- Correspond with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure that they are aware of information so that information is adequately shared
- Maintain and check establishment databases, manual filing systems and logs of information, responding within agreed timescales and producing reports as required
- Collate information relating to relevant Service Delivery Indicators (SDI's)
- Act as secretary to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking and distributing minutes and action points
If this sounds interesting to you, click apply now or contact Alex at Brook Street on 01235 706100.