Are you currently looking to change your current job and have experience in a business environment?
Do you have experience of analytic techniques and computer modelling of business activities, then we want to hear from you!
Duties in this job would see you responsible for analysing data such as the gas usage of commercial and domestic customers.
You will responsible for aiding in the charging process to gas suppliers for the gas used throughout our distribution system.
You would be involved in ensuring that all meter inspections are carried out across our network and liaise with the Engineering department if there are any queries or problems in relation to our meter stock.
- Assist and support the Transportation Services Manager in the area of gas distribution including liaison with Gas Suppliers, other gas network operators, other gas industry participants and key stakeholders such as Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (UR) on day-to-day Transportation Services issues and industry developments.
- Facilitate the accurate and timely delivery of information to Gas Suppliers, NIAUR, other gas network operators and other departments to meet Network Code and other transportation arrangements objectives.
- Develop a full understanding and have the ability to produce network charges for Gas Suppliers in a timely manner in line with the published company Conveyance Charge statements and the Postalised tariffs.
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of Network Codes and gas transportation network operations within Northern Ireland.
- Assist the Transportation Services Manager in the application of Network Code activities and in particular the delivery of supply competition within the Northern Ireland gas market to include development of an excellent working knowledge of supply completion systems utilised by the company to support this activity.
- Assist in the training of the Transportation Services Officers and Transportation Services Administrators to ensure compliance with Network Code activities.
- Provide analytic support to the Regulatory Manager when required to ensure the company complies with its regulatory obligations under its Licence and other applicable legislative obligations.
- Bachelor's degree in a numerate, business, or legal related discipline. or 3 A-levels (or equivalent) along with a minimum of 1 yeas experience in a relevant business environment.
- Post qualification experience in a relevant business environment.
- Experience of analytic techniques and computer modelling of business activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Strong analytic and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A self-starter capable of working alone with the minimum of supervision to generate original ideas and deliver business solutions within tight timescales
- Knowledge of a regulated utility industry, in particular the gas sector.
- Knowledge of Network Codes
What's in it for you?
- The starting salary is £23,000 per annum, plus a 6 - 9% on target annual performance bonus.
- The salary will also be reviewed on an annual basis and for the first three years the role will receive an increase of £1k per year, dependent on performance.
- Hours of work are 37 per week. Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.
- 20 days annual leave plus 11 bank holidays (this increases with length of service)
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday (no contractual weekend work)
- Enrolment into the Company pension scheme on commencement and upon meeting qualifying criteria the Company will match your pension contributions up to 6%.
- Life assurance whist employed by the Company.
The closing date is midnight on 6th December 2021.
Please send CV via the link