Book Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Business Analyst Assistant.
This is a contract role required from early February 2021 for 5 months initially.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but there will be regular presence at the London Paddington offices required post Covid/when safe.
Our client is at the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry, helping solidify its position as a technology provider that powers the buying and selling of Search and Display advertising across all aspects of our client's digital portfolio and through strategic alliances and key partnerships.
Sales Excellence oversees the rhythm of the business and enables Sales, ensuring they have the tools and knowledge they need to achieve quota and drive revenue across Europe from our Strategic and Enterprise clients. They also work in collaboration with the Corporate team as well as other key internal partners.
To align and work closely with a team of business analysts, learning tools, processes and systems to help drive key initiatives to maintain and improve data accuracy as well as local reporting solutions. In addition, you would also be involved in process improvement/documentation as well as further facilitating data and reporting requirements.
- Process, track and validate data changes using relevant tools/processes
- Support offline data gathering, compilation, validation and reconciliation
- Assist in troubleshooting questions/issues and supporting escalations
- Support development of existing reporting and creation of new reports and analysis
- Potentially provide admin support to business management function
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with Engineering, Marketing and Business Team, Finance, Global Operations and Regional Sales teams
Skills and Experience:
- Very strong Microsoft Excel competency required (Vlookup, tables, filters, PivotTables, PowerPivot, etc.) and skilled in other Microsoft desktop applications, including Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge/experience of Power BI, DAX and SQL is required
- Familiarity of analytical and reporting processes in a sales, service and / or marketing group would be beneficial
- Project and/or program management experience is valuable. Ability to identify required resources/team members, drive a sense of common purpose and shared goals/vision, and deliver results as an outcome of ongoing or time-bound work.
- Ability to do all of this across multiple simultaneous projects/programs of various complexity and scale.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- Strong attention detail and problem solving skills are essential for this role
- Ability to work independently and simultaneously overcome ambiguity where necessary
- Strong time management/prioritization skills are required and a track record of meeting deadlines
- Strong judgement is important as well as decision-making & critical thinking ability
- Versatile communicator, interacting on various professional audience levels to deliver written/oral communications across organizations in a professional and confidential manner
- Can share ideas and information effectively and is able to identify/execute on opportunities for cross collaboration
- Organizational agility.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly-matrixed work environment
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills both internally and across borders
- Experience working with key partners to define and prioritize business requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing analytic approaches to business problems
- Ability to distil complex data/analysis into understandable information and actions
- Previous international business experience preferred
- Search Advertising and Sales/Marketing experience preferred
- A/BS in a quantitative field such as finance, mathematics, economics, operations, research or business preferred