Business Development Manager - £22k to £25k DOE
My client is a leading travel management and events company who are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive their business forward and win new client accounts.
As a Business Develop Manager you will be responsible for finding, canvassing and winning new business in addition to retaining and maximising current business. This is a field sales role developing, defining, negotiating and closing business. Selling full business travel management service to prospective corporate clients will be a key part to the role. Travel background a help but not essential. The successful candidate will need to identify prospective clients and win new accounts via cold calling and appointments. They will also account manage and maximise spend of on-going accounts by monitoring and upselling.
You will have:
- It is essential that you drive as this will mostly be a field sales role.
- You will come from a hard sales/telesales/cold calling background and have a tenacious "hunter" attitude towards winning new business and arranging client visits / appointments
- You will have the ability to achieve new business targets by advance planning and effective time management.
- You will have excellent presentation skills.
- You will possess a professional target driven approach
- You will have the ability to research and identify leads
- Excellent on-going account management skill to maximise sales
Responsibilities will include:
- Gaining a thorough knowledge of the company's product portfolio
- Conducting competitor awareness
- Prepare carefully targeted cold call lists
- Use of social media for networking and marketing purposes
- Contact potential corporate clients to gain appointments
- Prepare and conduct prospective client meetings with presentations as required
- Submit proposals, achieve closure and sign new business
- Implement new accounts strictly in accordance with our ISO 9001 quality of service procedures
- Plan and manage time effectively to achieve targets
- Communicate all relevant information regularly and clearly to the full staff team
- Maintain client database
- Attend business networking events
- Submit weekly and monthly work returns
- Assist with sales office administration as required
In return you will be offered a competitive and negotiable basic salary (depending on experience) of between £22,000 - £25,000 per annum and working hours are Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.30. Commission structure and OTE will be discussed on interview and is negotiable however commission is generally at 5% of the gross margin in year one of trading / 2% in year 2 / 1% y3.
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street team on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.