A leading Logistics and Freight forwarding company based in Exeter is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager who will be responsible for managing Business Development within a designated territory. You are responsible for promoting a portfolio of products which are included within the freight forwarding and logistics industry targeting and building a pipeline based around new business opportunities within the branch network.
Daily duties will include -
- Seek a variety of new business opportunities from the central telemarketing team and self-generated leads
- Generate and qualify new business opportunities, by using sales skills, planning and relationship management
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in order to seek and secure sales opportunities
- Provide first class customer service to deliver on customer solutions
- Implement sales strategies to develop short term and long term target accounts
- Meet and exceed company standard expectations in relation to call rate and pipeline expectations
- Ensure new business sales targets including revenue and gross profit are exceeded
- Implement strategies and plans to achieve set targets enabling a pathway for success
- Complete daily reporting on the Customer Relationship Management System and providing data and statistics to support Regional Sales activity.
- Work collaboratively across the business to maximize sales opportunities.
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with Branch Operations and Customer Service teams to help win retain and develop new and existing business
- Deliver on client satisfaction and service excellence
- Ensure the Mission, Vision and Values and 7 Golden Rules of the company are embedded into the Regional Sales strategy. Ensure the behaviours that underpin our values are demonstrated at all times
- Ensure credit worthiness and credibility of customers to ensure they are 'fit' to do business with
- Work as an ambassador for the organisation within the local/regional community promoting its' services and values at all times
- Work with telesales and marketing teams to identify and interpret trends and opportunities to constantly deliver and deliver success
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please call Lisa on 07841 007173 or apply directly. Interviews happening immediately!