My client is a well established Manufacturing company based in Aldershot looking to recruit a Business Development Manager.
The role of Business Development Manager is responsible for researching and developing sales opportunities and planning and implementing new sales plans for a given market segment or area.
The duties of the Business Development Manager will include being an active member of the sales team supporting the overall business strategy, identifying new markets and opportunities in-line with developing and implementing effective sales programs to grow the business. Working closely with the Operations and Engineering teams you will promote team work to ensure good customer service, on-time-delivery, efficiency improvement, profitability and improving administrative processes and procedures, and monitoring financial activities. Maintain and improve relationships with clients to develop them in to partners.
- Generate day-to-day sales, monitoring and forecasting to better understand the market.
- Stay up to date on current market sector trends and feed back to the Business.
- Cultivate and deepen client relationships and partnerships that add value, attend and organise customer visits and internal sales/customer related meeting
- Communicate projects and progress against target to the business, provide monthly performance reports for Sales meetings
- Ensure regular cost reviews are completed for all allocated customer accounts and process are updated in-line with material increases and agreed inflation rates
- Own ultimate responsibility for successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Collaborate with marketing team to creatively reach more potential customers to increase profitability and brand recognition
- Set the precedent for excellence through leading by example
- Promote Health & Safety practices and procedures within the organisation
The ideal Candidate
You will need to have a flair of charisma, be creative, knowledgeable, and exceptionally well versed in the latest sales techniques and well as tried-and-true practices. You will have a good appreciation and be familiar with all areas of the business and clearly understand the interaction of various functions across the organisation, and be able to get their buy-in to support the Sales function. To be successfully in this role you will have, but are not limited to:
- Educated to A-Level Standard in a Business or related Qualification
- Strong Background in sales
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Excellent Customer relationship building abilities and understanding
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to be persuasive and procure buy-in from senior management
- Good commercial awareness, competitive analysis and negotiation skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to manager own time to maximise sales potential
- Driven and committed to success, with a strong work ethic while maintaining integrity and morale standing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literate and awareness of web-based marketing and social media, Microsoft & SAGE or similar ERP software
- Working knowledge of CRM system.
- Proactive nature
Hours of Work: 37 hrs p/w 8am - 5:30pm Monday to Thursday (60 minute lunch)
8am - 1pm Friday
This position offers 1 - 2 days a week working from home as an option.
If you fulfil all of the above then please apply now for an immediate interview.
Start date: ASAP.