We have an opportunity for a Business Manager (PA) to join our client the Ministry of Justice on a 3 month temporary basis
If you have experience working as PA, diary management or business support roles, then this may be the opportunity for you
Location: Working from home but must be local to Leeds or London as may be required to attend the office when safe to do so
Hours: Monday- Friday 37 hours a week (hours can be flexible)
Assignment length: end of December 2021 (may be extended subject to business requirements)
Salary: £10.86ph rising to 12.43per hour after 12 weeks (Annually £23,915)
The Ministry of Justice is a major government department, at the heart of the justice system. They work to protect and advance the principles of justice.
We are looking not only for an individual who is interested in a Business Manager role but an individual who can support the Director undertake his day to day responsibilities in respect of the departmental priorities and its strategic direction. You will do this by monitoring achievement against the Directorate's milestones as well as acting as a co-ordinator for all the Directorate's networks.
What the role entails:
- Ensuring the Director's time is managed effectively so that he can focus their efforts on their priorities.
- Proactively analyse and prioritise the Director's inboxes, ensuring relevant communications are shared with the wider senior management team, delegating tasks to them as appropriate
- Provide highly effective and professional management of the Director's tasks, prioritising action and co-ordinating and progressing work on their behalf, ensuring that deadlines are achieved.
- Managing the Director's busy diary helping them to achieve their objectives. You will need good sense, good judgement and good humour, and you will be the type of person who can adapt quickly to change. You will need to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be extremely organised, and be able to remain calm under pressure.
- To act as an initial point of contact, liaising and dealing effectively with senior external and internal stakeholders, to accurately and appropriately screen, log and prioritise queries through the efficient management of high-level incoming/outgoing correspondence, calls and emails.
- Establish good working relationships with wider senior management team, understanding their priorities and the demands of their diaries when commissioning or arranging meetings.
- Act as secretariat at meetings as required.
- Support the development of good relationships with all customers to ensure a high quality of service is provided.
- Managing and organising workload to ensure that results are on time and of a high-quality and that both internal and external customers' expectations are met.
- Financial interface on Directorate's finances.
- Monitor achievement on Directorate Milestones
- Organise the MPSI Corporate workstreams by acting as the co-ordinator by supporting group activities.
- You're enthusiastic, confident and have significant experience as a personal assistant supporting senior management.
- You work well with others and can build meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- You have excellent time management skills and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- You're a proactive individual with a high degree of organisational ability, attention to detail and manages time effectively.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills showing precision, tact and a keen use of language suitable for the target audience.
- You can work and make decisions independently
- The ability to act and work on own initiative
- Think ahead and be pro-active
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience of effectively managing your own time to strict deadlines.
- High level of ICT skills and facility with IT systems and applications including MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
This is a great opportunity for you to establish yourself within the civil service -
If this sounds of interest to you, please apply now or email me your cv directly