Job Title - Business Operations and Program Manager
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Business Operations and Program Manager
This is a contract role based in Reading for 6 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £33,456 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
The EMEA Business Applications Domain is part of our Enterprise Services. Our business provides consulting and support services to our customers. This role forms part of the Business Management team and is responsibility for driving the performance of the business through effective planning, execution and reporting.
Business and Operations Analyst Role Purpose
The role supports the Business Management team through the following core functions Business Support, Business and Operations Analytics. The role requires a strong understanding of our tools and processes, excellent numerical skills, and the ability to communicate with managers effectively across a wide range of business data and insight.
The role supports the Business through the following core functions: Business Health, Operations Support and Business Support
A typical day in this role can include:
- Project portfolio financials reporting/forecasting against business performance targets/scorecards
- Resource reporting/forecasting against business performance targets/scorecards
- Sales opportunity reporting/forecasting against business performance targets/scorecards
- Discretionary spend reporting and forecasting
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and generate business insights as needed
- Assisting with preparation of presentations, reports and correspondence from draft as part of the Rhythm of Business (ROB)
- Responsible for keeping an overall view of the Rhythm of Business (ROB) diary and proactively notifying key stakeholders of key events, and preparing supporting reports and presentations as needed.
- Data management for resources onboarding, offboarding, qualifier management
- Manage contracts, purchase orders and timely renewals of external resources
- Plan, and manage small initiatives/projects as needed (for example: organisational hardware refresh, conference attendance)
- Support operational review meetings (i.e. utilisation, headcount review, headcount reviews)
- Ownership of internal processes, including MS Market - creating Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement and Samples, expense entry, interim expense approvals
- Updating and monitoring the team Sharepoints
- Remind Manager(s) and chase team members for information to meet deadlines
- Provide general leader support to the Timezone Business Manager, Timezone General Manager and other managers as needed (i.e. acting as interim approver of expenses)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working with project or portfolio financials
- Previous business operations experience in a large organization
- Effective written and verbal communications to stakeholders
- Organised and process driven with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to learn / adopt new technologies and applications
2) Technical / Functional Skills
- Advanced Excel (Functions, Formulas, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Other MS Office skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of databases, data cubes and previous experience using reporting dashboards preferable
Deadline for CV submission: 1.00pm on Friday 24th January